March 21st, 2019
Character Education: Word of the WeekSelf-Respect: 1) A proper respect for oneself as a human being 2) Regard for one's own standing or position
HP Loaner Chromebooks not returned by 1st Period of the day after checkout will be subject to a $1 late fee per day.
Students should check e-mail daily.
Checking your Tift County School G-mail account and your Remind 101 App every day helps you stay informed of events and all changes at TCHS!
This is a reminder regarding school meals. Students are allowed one breakfast and one lunch free each day. Students may purchase a second breakfast at a cost of $2.00 or lunch at a cost of $3.50. For example, if a student gets a chicken strip meal and wants to also get a hot plate meal from the other food line, the student must pay $3.50 for the second lunch.
Parking permits are sold in the media center AFTER school only.
Remember during this time before exams that the TCHS Peer-Tutoring Program
is still available to all students.
- Peer tutoring sessions are conducted Monday - Thursday from 3:15 - 3:45 PM in the Career Center (TCHS Counseling Office).
- Please contact your school counselor if you are interested in setting up peer tutoring sessions or becoming a peer tutor.
Got any love for a teacher and you want to let them know? Fill out a Teacher KUDOS!
- Available in the following locations:
- Adcock (Room A 218)
- D. Fletcher (Room 237)
- Elizalde (Room 206)
- Hudson (Room 113)
- Media Center
- Guidance Office
If you have received a scholarship, monetary award, financial aid offers, athletic scholarships, or any other type of scholarship, or if you have signed up for the military, please bring a copy of the scholarship award letter, financial aid statement, military contract, or any other proof that you are receiving the scholarship or signing up for the military to Mr. Guzman in the Guidance Office by May 3rd
- All scholarship recipients are included in the Blue and White section of the Tifton Gazette in May. Late submissions will not be included.
- For those attending Honors Night, this info needs to be turned in by April 7th to be included in the program. Late submissions will not be included.
The guidance office is now collecting letters of acceptance from colleges or the military for recognition purposes. If you have received a letter or an e-mail from a post-secondary institution or the military, please bring a paper copy to the Guidance Office.
- We like to display and brag about our Seniors and their accomplishments at TCHS!
: Class of 2019 - Please check your TCHS Gmail account as Guidance is constantly e-mailing out Scholarship opportunities for you.
- If you want more info on particulars or need help filling out applications, please direct your questions to your assigned Guidance Counselor.
- If you would like the e-mail sent to you again, please see Mrs. Cheshire in the guidance office.
SOPHOMORES / JUNIORS:
Are you interested in the Work Based Learning Program for the 2019-2020 School Year? If you are, please see Mrs. Cassandra Thomas in Room 318 for more details and to apply. Her e-mail is <email@example.com
2019 ESS Art Contest: ESS invites students in grades K - 12 to use their artistic skills to create original artwork. To enter the contest, please draw or paint an image representing: "What would it be like to have class in outer space?" The only limit is your imagination. The contest starts on February 4th and continues to April 8th.
- Winning students will receive a #500 gift card, plus a $500 gift card for their school.
- Go to <artcontest.ess.com> to enter and for contest details.
Freshman - Juniors:
Students interested in taking a college class this summer through Georgia's Dual Enrollment Program need to see Mrs. Jackson in the Guidance/Counseling Office during lunch or call 387-2475 to set up an appointment for you and your parent/guardian to meet with your school counselor Deadline has been extended!
- Be sure to review all informational flyers (provided during the Dual Enrollment Meeting with ABAC and SRTC in October).
- These flyers are also available at the front desk of the Guidance/Counseling Office.
- Fall Dual Enrollment meetings will be held April 22, 2019.
March 22 - Want to do something new this summer?
Join the Georgia Museum of Agriculture andHistoric Village as a Volunteer Apprentice.
- Contact: Mrs. Lynn McDonald- Volunteer Coordinator
- Applications are due March 22nd!
April 2nd - Georgia SouthWestern State University will conduct a College Visit during all three lunches.
April 4th- PBIS Faculty Vs. Student Basketball Game will be held during 7th period. Please purchase tickets from your 7th-period teacher or the library.
- If you're feeling lucky, you may purchase a $100 half-court shot with a devil dollar in the library.
- Registration Deadline for the May 4th Test Date of the SAT. May 3rd
- Registration Deadline for the June 8th test date for the ACT. CLUBS
KIWANIS ART & MUSIC SHOWCASE RESULTS
In the Art Competition
Best in Show
Dixon Taylor - Stupidity with Friends
1st - Eason Parker – Surrealism 2
2nd - Caleb Underwood - Yalitza
3rd - Katelyn Kegley - Colors in the Dark
Honorable Mention - Kylee Kennedy - You may say I’m a rodent, but I’m the only one (sculpture)
1st - Yavetzi Cordova - Admire Your Confidence
2nd - Harmony Carroll - Stop Crying Your Heart Out
3rd - Savannah Miller – Luna
Honorable Mention - Adeline Tran - Time Waits for No Man
1st - Chrishawn Chappelle - Dear Insecurities
2nd - Kiley Richey - Homecoming Beauty
3rd - Timazea Richardson - Midnight Mountains
Honorable Mention - Alixandra Pelmin - Solitude
1st - Ruben Carbajal - Self Portrait
2nd - Alexis R. Braselton - Light House
3rd - Hannah Veal - Flower Boy
In the Music Competition
1st - Rachael Kennedy - Vocal
2nd - Asia Cushion - Vocal
3rd - Abbi Toews - Instrumental
- FCA is hosting Fields of Faith at the Performing Arts Center here at the High School starting at 6:30 PM.
- There will be guest speakers, music, worship, food, and door prizes!
- HOSA is currently participating in a First Aid Fundraiser where you may purchase First Aid Kits or Literature pertaining to the field of First Aid.
- Please see any HOSA member or Advisor to place your order!
- Money is due when the order is placed
- Deadline for purchasing is March 8th
Friday, March 22nd
- Special Olympics will be held at the E.B. Hamilton Complex.FFA:
Come take part in the current CDE's:
- Parli Pro- See Mrs. Schwing for practice dates
- Poultry Judging- See Miss Cook for practice dates
- Forestry Field Days- See Mr. Cross for practice dates/forestry day dates
April 4th - Scavenger Hunt
April 25th - 27th: GA State FFA Convention
May 10th: TCHS FFA Banquet
Would you like to know how to dance Merengue, Salsa, or Bachata? Learn with the TCHS Spanish Club as they start the Latin Dance classes. For more information, please see Mr. Aguirre or Mrs. Mathis in Room 208 / 210.
Every Monday and Wednesday
- Every Monday Afternoon
- After School
- Room 210
- Upward Bound will meet in Room 310 after school.Every Monday
- Chess Club will meet every Monday after school in Room A 214. Please see Mr. Tanner for details.Every Tuesday
- Writing Club will meet every Tuesday after school in Room A 214. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Tanner.Every Tuesday
- FCA will meet in the ROTC Room (924) in the gym before school at 7:30 AM. You do not have to be an athlete to participate.Every Wednesday
- Game Development Club will meet after school in Mr. Holmes room (306).
Congratulations to the TCHS Air Rifle Team for being the undefeated Region Champs by winning the Area 2 Championship!
Thursday, March 21st:JV Soccer will compete in Lee County with Girls beginning at 5:30 PM and Boys beginning at 7:15 PM.
Friday, March 22nd:Varsity Baseball will compete in a Double Header against Colquitt on the TCHS Baseball Field beginning at 4:30 & 7:30 PM.
Friday, March 22nd:TCHS Soccer will compete against Colquitt County on the TCHS Soccer Field with Girls beginning at 5:30 PM and Boys at 7:30 PM.
Saturday, March 23rd:C Team and JV Baseball will compete in Cook County with C Team beginning at Noon and JV beginning at 2:00 PM.
Saturday, March 23rd:TCHS Track and Field will compete in the Harmon Invitational in Lowndes County beginning at 10:00 AM.
Saturday, March 23rd:Boys Golf will compete in the Packer Classic in Moultrie, Georgia.
Saturday, March 23rd:Girls Golf will compete in the Viking Invitational at the Kinderlou Country Club in Valdosta, Georgia.
Saturday, March 23rd:TCHS Gym Devils will compete in their home Gymnastics Meet at TGA.