Georgia Commission for Service & Volunteerism
As a senior, students who document their volunteer hours of service during high school 9-12 may qualify to earn a Georgia Student Service Award and honor cord as a graduating senior. Log sheet must be turned into Mrs. C. Fletcher by March 20, 2019.
Below is the log sheet available to keep up with your hours or you may record your hours on an Excel document and print it out to turn in to Mrs. C. Fletcher. You must have a signature from someone where your volunteer hours occurred. You may turn the sheets in periodically so you do not have to keep up with all of them for several years.
1. To qualify for the Georgia Student Service Award, an average of 75 service hours per year (9-12) or 300 hours by graduation is required. Graduating seniors who reach the milestone will receive a certificate and a red, white, and blue service cord to be worn at graduation.
2. Graduating seniors must submit log sheets to Christi Fletcher in room 310 or at firstname.lastname@example.org before March 20, 2019.
3. Log sheets can be found in Mrs. Fletcher’s room, Guidance Office, or at tchs.tiftschools.com on the Student’s Page.
4. Submitting the log sheet to the Georgia Commission for Service and Volunteerism does not mean that the hours indicated on it will automatically be applied to the Graduation Cord of Excellence Program. All volunteer hours are subject to verification. Please note: Court-ordered service does not count toward volunteer service hours.
5. If service hours indicated on this sheet are with or for an organization not sponsored by the school, they must be verified by the sponsoring agency and the school coordinator (Christi Fletcher).
6. Students should make copy of this form before it is submitted and keep that copy for their records.
***If you ever have any questions regarding your service hours or the award, contact Christi Fletcher in room 310 or at email@example.com***