Media Center Hours: 7:15 AM - 4:00 PM
Students are entered into the automated circulation system using the barcode on their ID card. To check out materials, students must present their ID card.
Most books are checked out for two weeks. Reference books, vertical file materials, and back issues of magazines may be checked out for overnight use only.
Students are allowed to have up to two books at a time and may put books on hold or reserve.
All returned items should be placed in the book return at the circulation desk or left in the outside book drop after hours. Books to be returned should not be left lying on the circulation desk.
All borrowers are responsible for lost and damaged materials.
Overdue and fine notices are sent to students approximately every two weeks through their Blue Devil block teacher.
Students may not be allowed check out materials if they have an overdue book or a fine on their record.
- Students are not allowed to check out audio-visual materials and equipment. Student use of these items may be arranged by a teacher.
- Students will be charged an overdue fine for books that are more than 4 days overdue. The fine is $.25 per day.
- Students will be charged an overdue fine of $1.00 per day for loaner Chromebooks that are not returned before 1st block the next day.
- If books are lost or damaged beyond repair, the amount of the book will be charged for replacement.
Students in the Media Center:
- Students may come to the media center before school, during lunch and after school.
- Students should make sure to sign into the media center any time they enter after 1st block begins unless they are coming with a class.
- During the school day, students should have a media center pass signed by their classroom teacher.
When a class is using the media center for research during 3rd block, the media center will be closed to lunch traffic. Students coming for book renewal, AR testing, or individually from another class will still be allowed to use the media center.
- All students have access to computer/Internet resources unless a parent or guardian objects, in writing, to the use of these.
- All students agree to the Computer Usage Agreement and can review the policy by clicking here.
- Internet use is limited to educational purposes only. Students are not allowed to chat, email, order, or play games on media center computers.
- Students may have their computer privileges restricted or removed if these policies are not followed.
- Current issues of magazines are on display and may not be checked out. Back issues are available for use in the media center or for overnight checkout.
- The Tifton Gazette and Wall Street Journal are available daily in the reading area.
- Copy machines/printers are available to students for printing school-related assignments in the media center.