Students are entered into the automated circulation system using the barcode on their ID card. To check out materials, students must present their ID card.
Most books are checked out for two weeks. Reference books, vertical file materials, and back issues of magazines may be checked out for overnight use only.
Students are allowed to have up to two books at a time and may put books on hold or reserve.
All returned items should be placed in the book return at the circulation desk or left in the outside book drop after hours. Books to be returned should not be left lying on the circulation desk.
All borrowers are responsible for lost and damaged materials.
Overdue and fine notices are sent to students approximately every two weeks through their Blue Devil block teacher.
Students may not check out materials if they have an overdue book or a fine on their record.
- Students are not allowed to check out audio-visual materials and equipment. Student use of these items may be arranged by a teacher.
- Students with books more than 30 days overdue will have an overdue fine of $5 assigned to their account.
- If books are lost or damaged beyond repair, the amount of the book will be charged for replacement.
Students in the Media Center:
- Students may come to the media center before and after school and during lunch, but they should sign in at the circulation desk.
- During the school day, students should have a media center pass signed by their classroom teacher.
- Upon entering the media center, students should sign in at the circulation desk. When students are ready to return to class, they should sign out.
- Students who do not have an assigned project will be limited to fifteen minutes.
When a class is using the media center for research during 3rd block, the media center will be closed to lunch traffic. Students coming for book renewal, AR testing, or individually from another class will still be allowed to use the media center.
- All students have access to computer/Internet resources unless a parent or guardian objects, in writing, to the use of these.
- Internet use is limited to educational purposes only. Students are not allowed to chat, email, order, or play games on media center computers.
- Students may have their computer privileges restricted or removed if these policies are not followed.
- Current issues of magazines are on display and may not be checked out. Back issues are available for use in the media center or for overnight checkout.
- The Tifton Gazette is available daily in the reading area.
- Copy machines/printers are available to students for printing school-related assignments.