Octavia Conaway Faulk, Ed.S, MSWSchool Social Worker and Homeless LiaisonTift County SchoolsOne Blue Devil WayTifton, GA 31794(229) 387-2475
The Tift County School Social Workers’ mission is to advocate within the home, school, and community in ways that empower and support all students to achieve educational success. Feel free to contact us if there is anything we can do to help you or someone else in need.
What does a School Social Worker do?
The School Social Worker works with schools, students and families to eliminate barriers to successful learning.
- Develops and identifies resources for students and families
- Assists families in crisis or those with emergency needs.
- Acts as a liaison/link between the School, the home, and the community
The School Social Worker acts as liaison/link between the School, the Home, and the Community.
- Advocates on behalf of children and families with agencies and community resources.
- Aides in truancy prevention
- Consults with numerous community agencies including the following:
- Juvenile Court
- Department of Family and Children’s Services
- Various Counseling Agencies
- Department of Juvenile Justice
- Legacy Behavioral Health Services
- Tift County Commission on Children and Youth
- PattiCake House
- Ruth’s Cottage
- Brother Charlie’s
- The House of Hope
- Called To Care
- United Way of South Central Georgia
*Report Child Abuse or Neglect during non-school hours at 1-855-422-4453 or 911
*Mental Health Crisis at 911 or Georgia Mental Health Crisis and Access Line at 1-800-715-4225
Ruth's Cottage at 229-387-9697
Tiftarea House of Hope at 229-396-5990
Brother Charlie's at 229-382-0577