Tift County High School Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
TCHS C.A.R3.E.S.: We Value Character, Achievement, Respect, Responsibility, Readiness, Excellence, and Service.
Tift County High School envisions a professional team of educators working collaboratively in creating an environment of high expectations, fostering high achievement among students, and inspiring them to reach their individual potential. We visualize a culture of learning that extends beyond the classroom, incorporating project-driven research activities, career pathways, performances, community service, and leadership. The faculty empowers students to develop and pursue personal and professional visions for their own future, commits to helping students actualize their visions, and equips students to become productive members of a global society.
The students at TCHS believe…
- we learn differently and teachers adapt instruction to accommodate different learning styles.
- we experience a variety of learning opportunities in preparation for becoming productive citizens in a global, technological society.
- we demonstrate strong character and accept ownership of our learning by being respectful, responsible, and ready.
The faculty and staff at TCHS believe…
- educators are the foundation of quality instruction and serve as a model of life-long learning.
- educators improve instruction for all students through sharing, mentoring, coaching, and engaging in collaborative problem solving.
- educators hold students to high standards and expect academic excellence.
At TCHS, we all believe…
- in maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly environment that promotes student achievement.
- in modeling and encouraging ethical, moral, and professional conduct to keep our school’s culture positive for students, faculty, and parents.
- in empowering the students and faculty to make decisions about matters that affect student learning and school culture.
- in making educational decisions through data-driven, research-based strategies.
- in welcoming and encouraging parental and community involvement in the school’s decision-making process and in support of our students.