The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards program is the United States’ largest youth recognition program based exclusively on volunteer community service. Created in 1995 by Prudential and the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), the program honors middle level and high school students for outstanding service to others at the local, state and national level.
To be eligible, you must:
- be in grades 5-12 as of November 7
- be a legal resident of any U.S. state or Washington, D.C.
- have engaged in a volunteer activity that occurred during the 12 months prior to the date of the application
- submit a completed application to a school or the head of an official designated local organization by November 7.
November 7, 2017: Student application deadline
To apply for the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards:
- Visit https://spirit.prudential.com/apply/2018for application
- Complete the application and the student/parent agreement. Deadline: November 7, 2017.
- Go to the “Certification” page to email or print out instructions for your certifier. You must deliver these instructions to your certifier by November 7, 2017. Your certifier can be your school principal or the head of a county 4-H organization, Girl Scout council, American Red Cross chapter, YMCA or Affiliate of Points of Light's HandsOn Network.
- Your certifier has until November 17, 2017, to review applications online and select Local Honoree(s) from the applicants in your school or organization, and nominate them for state-level judging.